Welcome to the TCRC's Email Support Network!
Because of the often personal nature
of Testicular Cancer, some folks prefer to get some one-on-one advice
rather than broadcast their situation to the whole world. To help
out in this, we have compiled a list people who are willing to provide
confidential TC related support... many thanks to all who participate
in this valuable manner of support! And if you would like to join in
this effort, please send me a note.
Click on one of the following links to go to the Email Support page
appropriate for your situation.
- Michelle - Tennessee
- TC Wife. Michelle's husband was diagnosed at 39 (Jan 98) with 50%
embryonal cell carcinoma and 50% seminoma, hold the teratoma please!
Orchiectomy and 3 rounds of the BEP cocktail "just for fun". Lots of
side effects all around but now 4+ years clean! Hooray! "For better
or worse" -- there is nothing quite like being a caregiver through TC.
- Deb - USA
- TC Mom. Deb's son Kevin diagnosed at age 20 (Jul 97) with Stage III
Nonseminoma. He was treated with chemo. The cancer recurred in
his lungs. The recurrence was treated at IU with high dose chemo,
2 stem cell transplants, a gene therapy study, and
oral chemo! The cancer has been in remission even since!!!
- Linda - Springfield, IL
- TC Mom. Linda's son went to the ER for back pain and was misdiagnosed
as having hard stools. One week later he was finally diagnosed at age 16
(May 00) with Stage III Nonseminoma. He was treated with chemo and
numerous surgeries. He's doing well at present.
- Vickie - Tennessee
- TC Wife - Vickie's husband Joe was diagnosed at 35 (Jan 95) with
Stage I Seminoma. He was treated with 24 little treatments of radiation
because it made him so sick. He has used supplemental testosterone
since 1997 (He's tried them all, but now
uses Androgel). He is 6'4 and was a big guy when this whole thing started
but in May 00 he had roux en Y gastric bypass surgery (not laproscopic
due to the IO) and has lost 160 pounds!
- Megan - Norwich,
- TC Mom. Megan's son Sean diagnosed at age 17 (Jul 97) with Stage III
Non-Seminoma. He was successfully treated with chemo, high dose
chemo, stem cell transplant, and RPLND.
- Liz - Southern Virginia
- TC Wife. Liz's husband was diagnosed at age 37 (Aug 98) with Stage I
Seminoma. He was treated with radiation.
- JoAnn - Iowa
- TC Wife. Joanne's husband was diagnosed at age 30 (Jan 99) with
Stage III Nonseminoma. He was treated with four rounds of BECIP.
At the time of diagnosis, his HCG was 933,000 and he had mets
to his liver, lungs, and spleen. After round four, we opted
for survillence. He has needed no additional treatment and his
HCG has remained normal.
- Debbie - UK
- TC Wife. Debbie's husband was diagnosed at age 50 (Apr 98) with
Stage I Seminoma. He was treated with surveillance.
- Gina - Eaton, Pennsylvania
- TC Wife. Gina's husband Kurt was diagnosed at age 33 (Apr 98) with
Stage I Nonseminoma. He had a clean RPLND, but it still came back in
his lungs and did not want to go away. He had 4 cycles of BEP and
3 cycles of High Dose chemo with a stem cell transplant!
Click on this to go back to the TCRC main page:
This page was last updated on
Mar 29, 2018