Welcome to the TCRC's Email Support Network!
Because of the often personal nature
of Testicular Cancer, some folks prefer to get some one-on-one advice
rather than broadcast their situation to the whole world. To help
out in this, we have compiled a list people who are willing to provide
confidential TC related support... many thanks to all who participate
in this valuable manner of support! And if you would like to join in
this effort, please send me a note.
Click on one of the following links to go to the Email Support page
appropriate for your situation.
- Tom Murdoch - USA
- Diagnosed at age 39 (Dec 96) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated with Surveillance.
Married with 1 kid. Changed jobs and insurance
and made a long distance move, all around the time the cancer was diagnosed!
- Kent Herrick - USA
- Diagnosed at age 32 (1980) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated with Radiation. Married
with 2 kids, one born before and one adopted after. I have written privately on the
subject of pyschological effects of cancer. I can be of help in the "mind Games" of
cancer but not much in the medical.
- Ken - Atlanta, Georgia
- Diagnosed at age 41 (2001) with Stage II Seminoma. Treated with
Radiation. Married with 2 children.
- Andrew Hersey
- Charlottesville, Virginia -
- Diagnosed at age 36 (May 96) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated
with Radiation. Married with no kids. An artist and a writer
who finished his first marathon in October 99, and is still running and making art 18 years later!
- Larry - USA
- Diagnosed at age 30 (1992) with Stage 1 Seminoma. Treated
with Radiation. Diagnosed with a recurrence in the lungs in 1996.
Treated with Chemotherapy. Married with 2 children.
- Reed Meredith
- Crested Butte, Colorado -
- Diagnosed at age 36 (Feb 96) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated with
Surveillance. Diagnosed with a recurrence in the retroperitoneum
in Feb 98 using a fine needle biopsy. Treated with Chemotherapy.
Married with 1 child. I'm a property manager in Crested Butte, Colorado, and
an avid skier and cyclist.
- Joe - Virginia
- Diagnosed at age 20 (Oct 99) with Stage I Seminoma. Treated with Radiation during junior year of college.
- David - Scotland -
- Diagnosed at age 45 (March 96) with Stage IIc Seminoma. Treated with
the orchiectomy, 4xBEP, plus 20 Days of Radiation. TC arrived out of the
blue. I suffered a backache for several months, but the doctor said it
was a trapped nerve. The TCRC, especially Chris and Doug, helped me
obtain information regarding the cancer, as info in the UK was not very
forthcoming. But with the help of my good wife and daughter and the TCRC,
I have survived.
Click on this to go back to the TCRC main page:
This page was last updated on
Apr 02, 2018